Links and Resources
We have tried to put together as many links and resources relating to weblogs and design on this page. If you have a suggestion for other items to include, please feel free to use the contact form to let us know.
- Blogger - the tool which made blogging popular. Very easy to use. For people without hosting options, try blogspot - even easier!
- Movable Type - another self hosted tool. This one includes some features like categories and has some great techniques for archiving. Requires a bit of cgi knowledge, access to your cgi-bin, but easily customizable and self hosted. For people without hosting options, try TypePad - from the makers of MT.
- WordPress - self-hosted tool using PHP for the storage of posts.
- Greymatter - the tool that you control. Requires a bit of cgi knowledge, access to your cgi-bin, but easily customizable and self-hosted.
- pMachine - a self-hosted tool based on PHP instead of database-type posts.
- Live Journal - externally hosted system, known particularly for connecting friends.
- YACCS - a remotely hosted commenting system.
- enetation - a remotely hosted commenting system.
- blogback - a remotely hosted tool to add comments to your journal.
- dotcomments - a self-hosted tool to add comments using PHP to your Blogger journal.
- Blogs by Women - especially for women who blog.
- BlogPhiles - for people who really love their blog.
- Wedblog - a ring of engaged/newlywed bloggers.
- Redhead Blogs - a ring especially for Redheads.
- MTBlog - a ring for Movable Type users
- MT - another ring for Movable Type users.
- GeekLog - for geeks who blog.
- Blogrollers - for bloggers who use blogrolling to manage their links.
- i love to blog - a webring for bloggers who update at least once a week
- Discussion groups and General Help
- Add your link to:
- BlogSnob - great way to promote your journal while learning about other journals at the same time.
- Globe of Blogs - be listed in this blog directory, by multiple categories including location.
- Diary Registry - listing of diaries and journals
- Bloghop - listing and rating blogs.
- Bloginality: Weblogger Personality - a listing of bloggers by the MBTI type.
- PTypes Weblog - listing weblogs by personality type.
- Ageless - goes to show that the web is ageless by categorizing by birthday.
- Web Babes - pictures of webloggers as babies.
- Weblog Madness - the definative guide to every weblog link!
- The Complete Guide to Web Logs - another great resource for lots of links!
Different blogging tools have different requirements for hosting tools. Here are some recommended hosts for the main weblog tools.
- Blogger - can be used with any host that provides ftp access
- [blogspot] - this is blogger's free hosting space (with ads), but if you use a template of your own, you'll need hosting space for images.
- Movable Type - requires a host with cgi-bin access and the ability to run perl programs.
See MT Wiki: Free MT Hosting
- TypePad - Working with the great foundation Movable Type built, this is a blogging/hosting in one package.
- Paid solutions for any blogging tool
- [blogomania] - highly recommended for low cost hosting that has enough features to control any blogging software.
About This Site
This site is a Love-Production, ©2001-2004. Please respect that and remember to look but not touch.
Content is all © to Kristine Beeson, unless otherwise stated.